Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Free Beer

I couldn't help myself.

My local grocery store had an advertisement for a $40.00 rebate on a $100 purchase if you also purchased a certain major brand of beer.

I don't drink beer.  Not because I'm a teetotaler, but because I've tried a bunch and they just don't float my boat.

However, my little old lady neighbor likes beer.  And one of the types that you could buy for the rebate was her favorite kind.

So I played beer fairy.

I bought the beer and brought it home to my neighbor and sent away for the $40 rebate. 

It'll take 6-8 weeks to get it back and by then I'll be all surprised and happy to get it.  And then I'll be smiling again like I was when I saw my neighbors face when she got some free beer right before the holiday weekend.

Beer Bottles On Ice by Napong, found at freedigitalphotos.net   

Have a wonderful, happy and safe 4th of July! 

US flag backround with fireworks by Nirot, found at freedigitalphotos.net

My husband and I will be in Idaho Falls for the big fireworks show and then it's off to Yellowstone with my nephew and his Dad for their first time ever seeing the park!

8 comments:

  1. What a kind beer fairy you are. I used to like that cold bitey tany taste of a cold beer on a hot day but I don't do any alcohol now. My son was coming from Bozeman so I bought some Corona beer for him. He opened the fridge and said, "WOW my favorite beer. Imagine that. haha
    Enjoy your 4th. You'll be near my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought of you as many things over the years, but Beer Fairy was never one of them. My list needs updating. hahahaha. That is actually very sweet. I think that it is the little kindnesses that we do for others that mean the most. The fact you get a rebate back is just "cake." Have fun introducing your nephew to Yellowstone. Happy 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand beer. Too bitter. But I might buy it for a $40 rebate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is that??? Good for you! What a nice gesture on your part. I would have loved to see her face when you gave her the beer. Hope you had a great 4th of July and have fun in Yellowstone!

    Oh and by the way, I hate beer. I never acquired a taste for it and quite frankly, it looks like pee. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck. Beer tastes like pee. Or what I imagine pee would taste like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Idaho Falls is fantastic! I am jealous. I actually brew beer at home. Not the domestic stuff that comes from cows, but German and English ales. When I first taught in Europe in the 1990ss, I drank some beer in Germany and never again tasted an American brew. I hope some day you and your husband visit Florida. Of Course, I would welcome you and treat you to some beer that would set off fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    Details are available here
    http://kyfirewife.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are coming up on another Thursday and I failed to tell you that I dedicated something to you LAST WEEK. So, before you miss it altogether, I hope you stop by....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...