Monday, October 17, 2011

Enchanting Desert- Palm Springs, California

   
Palm trees are always such a special treat for me.


Day...
Taken at a gas station- can you believe it?
or night...
Did you see the crescent moon?



Peacock Flowers in the afternoon sun:

 


 Poolside beauties:

                      
Bougainvillea- the flower that tells me I'm in a place that I'm about to fall in love with:                  

 The lemon tree in the background sent me home with 
fruit that has become jelly, and I call it 'sunshine in a jar'...


The Palm Springs Art Museum with a polished reflection of natural surroundings 
that contrasts with the modern art hiding inside the building:

 

Hard to believe all of this exists in a hot, dry desert 
where water is scarce and the sun beats down 350 days a year.
Somehow, beauty that endures less than ideal conditions is even more alluring...


















   

6 comments:

  1. So, you know, you can feel free to take me with you next time, kay? ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos! Love the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is pretty...those palm trees remind me of san diego...I was so psyched to see them that that is all I could stare at! lol. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for stopping by Tossing it Out for my guest post. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photos. I like Palm Springs when it's a little cooler or looking out my car window with the a/c cranked up high. The art museum there is very nice. My daughter had a friend that used to work there and we visited once.

    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
  6. beauty that endures less than ideal conditions is even more alluring..

    That's the story of my life, hon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...