Monday, October 20, 2014

Bucket List

Thank you Sherry over at "Mama Diaries" sherryellis.blogspot.com for this fun blog hop idea.  I can't wait to see what's on different bloggers bucket lists!  If you followed over from Sherry's blog or another 'Bucket List' blogger today, welcome!  And to the regular readers, I hope you might be inspired to think about your own bucket list.

As someone who has had many life experiences all along the spectrum of positive to negative, I believe I am especially fortunate in the realm of never truly feeling as if I have 'missed out' on much.

 However, I am a big believer in having goals and a focus on the future.  So my 'Bucket List' is definitely a kind of blueprint expanding on the life that I currently live and am hoping to add to in the future.
 So here we go...
1)  To live in Texas.  If you've read me at all you know I've wanted this for a long time.  Even if I have to wait until I am retired to do it, I WILL live in Texas.
 2)  To have a ridiculous number of dogs in my household.  I used to think a pair or maybe 3 dogs was a good numberlike most sane people do.  Having met people who have the right resources and time who just relish in loving on a whole bunch of dogs, I believe I could be one of those people.
 3)  To go at least one year where I don't decorate for Christmas- hint, it might be this year!
 4)  To make a real difference in the lives of children.  I have no kids of my own.  I have worked with kids for about 20 years of my life and I take a large role in the life of my nephew.  I want to be sure that this item on the list does not end when I do.  I'm working on a way to keep this going long after I'm gone.  If it were not for some very instrumental people in my life, I never would have made it.
 5)  To get a private pilot's license.  As a self-proclaimed 'freedom freak' I crave any and all forms of freedom and flying seems like a wonderful one.  Plus I come from a long line of recreational fliers.
 6)  To learn to be as selfless as my husband.  He inspires me with his ability to be both selfless and happy.
 7)  To have a home that is both uncluttered and yet feels warm.  I think I am getting close!
 8)  To get to a point where I feel that I am fulfilling what I was meant to do.

Sorry I got to the party late today.  I actually had a surprise work opportunity!  Hopefully, I still get some readers over here today!
























11 comments:

  1. I've had to scrap my old bucket list....the strokes really changed what I realistically can accomplish. I'm still working on forming a new bucket list. However, I do have a ridiculous number of dogs ;) 4kids and 4 dogs with a handicapped mom and a busy dad...ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I really hope some of this works out for you!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to your bucket list and may you have fun with every number.I'm sure you'll be checking them off very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, 'Yellow Rose' Jasmine! I'm catching up on the few Bucket List Blog Hop participants that I missed yesterday. You've got a great bucket list! If we had a bigger home with a large fenced in yard, I would gladly have more than the one dog we already have. Thank you for participating in the Bucket List Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jasmine!
    I'm popping in via the bloghop.
    If you've been working with kids for about 20 years of your life, then whether you realise it or not, you've made a difference somewhere along the line...even if it's one kid...
    Sounds like flying is in your bloodline...so that private pilot's licence shouldn't be a problem, hey?
    Good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have achieved 2, 3, 7, and 8. I will have to work harder on #6, but I am trying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your bucket list. I hope they are all attained for you. You are a simplistic person as am I. It doesn't take much to make us happy does it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have talked about some of these already: Texas (obviously) and the pilot's license. I know I read about that in a previous post. I would love to hear your ideas about number four. It is good to achieve something bigger than ourselves. I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list. Do you want to live in any particular part of Texas? I have two sisters near Dallas. I recommend staying away from them.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a fantastic bucket list and by adding your last item it might actually tick off your number 6 (which was one of the nicest bucket list items I have read so far.) Sorry I am so late to participate in this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I thought you had already lived in Texas at some point. Hope you get to live there someday!

    Thanks for participating in the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...