Friday, September 14, 2012

Stuff That Doesn't Really Matter

The world is a crazy place.  It feels even more crazy than usual these days.

During times like this, my natural instinct tends toward making sure I fight back, in a constructive way.

One of the things I find helpful for daily survival is watching others and taking in how they behave and how things turn out for them.  This has saved me from countless hours of wheel spinning and sorrow. 

And sometimes I just get a kick out of the whole darn thing.  People watching is great sport, really!


Have you ever seen how seriously whacked people can get over the smallest things???

One particular thing that I have noticed people get a riled up about, that is just plain silly, is this:
          
                        Toilet Paper 

Should it be this way?                                                   Or this way?


Seriously.  Does it really matter?

Honestly, I have actually listened to people argue about this.  More than once. 

I have had people come over for a party and use my bathroom and actually tell me that they 'fixed' my toilet paper roll because it was 'on wrong'. 

Which is super funny, because in this household we are ambidextrous when it comes to the direction of our TP.  Honestly, we just don't give any effort whatsoever to whichever way it ends up on the holder.  But hey, if you're somebody who wants to waste their time 'fixing' it then, yeah I will laugh in your face.  For sure.

With everything that does matter, it's a wonder that anybody ever finds time to argue about such silly stuff.  But as humans, we do.  Don't we?!  

What have you found that people argue about that is just plain ludicrous?  Be careful.  It's a jungle out there!

7 comments:

  1. We have a couple that are friends and they will sit and argue whether something happened at 1:15 or 1:30 for example. You can always get a good argument going about politics or religion. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many BIG things to argue about in this house right now that even the little things become big things. I live in an asylum. I kid you not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, now I'm worried... I hope you blog soon, so I'll know you're OK beyond this comment. ;)

      Delete
  3. Ha! The TP phenomenom is alive and well in our house too. It's so silly, really. The most heated arguments/debates with me have always been about religion, politics or freedom of speech. But even I sometimes, just keep my mouth shut. In the end, if I'm going to get "riled" up and lose sleep over it, then I don't really need it. Don't get me wrong, I'm passionate about my beliefs but for me to argue, just for the sake of arguing, and with people that don't have a clue as to what they are arguing about, well that's when I keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yvonne, a secret of many of us I think- that thing about 'you know I respect you when I'll bother to argue.' It's when I stop engaging that it's time to watch out. I love discussion with those I respect, but then there are the things that are so small and silly that I just can't get that excited.

      Delete
  4. UNDER! lolololol....that way it doesn't roll too quickly..but that is just the cheap skate in me...I also squish it a bit so it doesn't roll too easily. It's the big things lately that make me want to scream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I don't care about the TP direction either. Neither does FireMan. Couldn't even tell you which way ours is facing right now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...