As a new blogger, this is my first go round at fitting this blogging thing into the holiday season. I admit I have not been doing a great job. Your patience with me is soooo appreciated.
With that said, I will treat you to some pointers I picked up from a little shindig that I attended this past Saturday night.
1) It's never a good sign when the laughing Santa face on the door sounds mysteriously like Freddy Kruger...
2) Your 10 year old belting out Christmas carols is entertainment enough. She's not required to circulate the entire party for the 15 minutes between performances loudly announcing when her next 'show' is going to start.
3) Low fat, no taste food resembling cardboard will NOT get eaten, especially when little old ladies keep bringing the good stuff.
4) If you're gonna' make us play games, there had better be prizes involved.
5) Having Asian friends and then spouting 'Oh good, our Asian friends are here' doesn't make you politically correct in any way, shape or form.
6) Any guest who feels the urge to breastfeed her child, WAY TOO NEARLY COMPLETELY TOPLESS, parked right in the center of the room, next to the lovely bedazzled and festooned Christmas tree should probably bedazzle and festoon herself as well. That way, people wouldn't be as apt to keep making those funny u-turns right back out of the room.
The party goers, including us, had a great time in spite of the weirdness. The holiday season honestly is somehow magical and there's nothing better than a true, good, hearty laugh. Myself, I hadn't laughed that hard in a really long time.