Please, anyone in Arizona who reads this I really do not hate you or the state you live in.
I have honestly put off blogging about the whole experience of the past week in which my husband had a job interview in Arizona and we were already going to be in Palm Springs so it all worked out just great because:
1) I am actually a little ashamed at how I could possibly have miscalculated how much of a not so positive visceral reaction I could have to a place, that never actually did anything so wrong to me.
2) I do not completely understand how even though I know that where I live now is not where I want to be and going to Arizona could be a highly convenient stop along the way, I am totally not willing to do it.
3) I so wish I was one of those people who could just live anywhere and be happy about it. Turns out- not so much.
4) I've had such a positive vibe going in my life lately that I honestly did not see this coming, as in NOT AT ALL.
5) I am more than a little bit weighted by the fact that my husband finally received a job offer RIGHT AWAY from a place that has a much lower cost of living and a whole lot more sun and we both agreed that we had to turn it down.
6) There is no respite for the wicked who won't take what is handed right to them so we totally deserved the fact that we came home to a disgusting only-in-the-northwest style grey misty 58 degree summer day.
The good news is that my husband and I totally agreed on all this. And that we may just yet get our own little piece of what it turns out is what we now term 'desert light' down in Palm Springs. Yes, I should have known very well that a place 4 hours away from one that I love can and will be totally different. And yes, you can start flogging me with a wet noodle anytime now...