Thursday, October 25, 2012

Not A Procrastinator, Unless.....

It's true.  Don't hate me because I am not a procrastinator.  I've just always been one of those 'jump in there and do it' kind of people.  Even if I kind of don't like what needs to be done.  I'd much rather get it over with, whatever it is, and then move on to thinking about and focusing my energy on other things. 

BUT.... there is one time that I will seriously get caught in the procrastination wheel and end up going:
                                                               
                                                                 Round...

                                              and round...             and round...

                                                               and round...

That time is when I have done the one thing that I can't stand about my personality and I am still working very hard to change.  That is when I have agreed to do something that I absolutely do not want to do, would rather scrub the bottom of my shoes than do and will never agree to do again.  But somehow I do agree to it- just this one time, because you are such a good friend, or I really need the money this month.  Or whatever can get me to accept the idea that I will do this thing that I detest and know darn good and well that I will have to do way too many times to make sure it turns out well and spend so much time on it that I will resent the project and possibly the person who asked me to do it before it is all said and done.  Whew!

What it really boils down to is that I procrastinate when I know that the thing I am about to attempt doing will require me to tell someone that "No, I am not willing to make you another one."  Or "No, it was not worth my time at all."  Or even, "No, this project was not fun and I won't be willing to do it again."

I just don't like to say no.  And it's annoying.  Cuz' I could save myself a whole lot of trouble if I'd just get more comfortable with that word: NO.

Now pardon me while I practice remembering how to say NO, as I head off to do some stuff that I can't stand and then get up the gumption to say NO next time.


4 comments:

  1. Ugh. I can kinda relate. I've gotten pretty good at saying 'no'. But I recently started a volunteer activity that I thought I'd like... only to realize that I don't. Like, really don't. Like dread my one-hour-per-month minimum commitment. But I can't bring myself to back out... UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird, I am going through that very thing right now! I agreed to go out with two of my friends to a concert tomorrow night, that I really have no desire to attend. NONE. Why couldn't have I just said no from the get go? Ugh. I'm literally, sitting here trying to think of a plausible excuse to give them tomorrow. Knowing me though, I know I will end up going, because that's the kind of thing I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think alot of women have this issue...I am b etter now at saying no, as opposed to simply avoiding the person or place that will require it. lol. Just look in a mirror and practice. No..no non nonononononononono....Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's tough. I agree with Christine, I got used to it when I practiced a lot. That's kinda weird but it's worth it.

    hairdressing chairs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...