Monday, November 14, 2011

My Thanksgiving Wish

We've had all kinds of different Thanksgiving set ups over the years.  Some huge and some small and intimate. Sometimes we host an 'Orphan Thanksgiving' for those we know that don't really have family to go to for the holiday.  Sometimes it's just a few close friends.

While it's beautiful and relaxing to have this:

This year, I'm hoping for a lot more of this:
 
I've invited several friends with a bunch of little kids who love to help out in the kitchen and I'm already dreaming of all the little cooks with their fingers in the pots.  And all the joy that their little hearts have to share...

Gotta' go and get out those 'fancy' gold paper plates!

5 comments:

  1. We have 29 coming to our house for Thanksgiving. I feel like your second picture already...but it is always a lot of fun and worth every bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, sometimes I like it smaller and more intimate, this year though, it's going to be huge!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the big, crazy, loud Thanksgivings. Yes, I am crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the chaos and LOVE of the day.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold PAPER plates are the way to go! Anything to make clean up easier and quicker! With little ones around the kitchen you will have a wonderful time!
    And it will look pretty much just like your above picture!

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...